Old Hammersmith Fire Station was originally built in 1914, then decommissioned in 2003. Working closely with the Wagamama team we were briefed to create a restaurant that would also meet the conditions of the building’s Grade II listed status.
It was essential that original features remained untouched, so inspection pits, large doors, and even the fireman's poles are integrated into the design. They provide a striking backdrop to the sophisticated yet limited pallet of materials and textures. Crisp finishes and attention to detail add to the stylish environment.